Odd Notes from just a couple of numerous lectures at
symposium 2015-03-25, at http://www.unibw.de/code/,
Notes written 2015-04-24.
Lectures were all in German, I may have missed bits or possibly
mis-understood, so if anything wrong: apologies, corrections
welcome. Generaly, transcripts in later PDF didnt seem to be
My comments are marked with JHS:.....
2015-03-25: Generalmajor Thomas Franz, Commander NATO
CIS Group, Deputy Chief Of Staff CIS & Cyber Defence:
"Hybrid Warfare & Cyber Defence" - 11:15-11:45
- Interesting talk:
- Online purchases of exploits tend to be cheap &
- Nato largely tends to protect just itself. JHS:
Impication: rest should look after themselves
- Average zero day time to fix: 230 days.
- Most threats come from/to PD [source?] based.
JHS: I didnt stand up & mention it, but my
first hand experience of zero day exploits are:
Workshop 1: "Dronenabwehr - mot Jamming & Spoofing"
- Day 2, 11:00-13:00 - Prof Dr Harald Görl (30m), Prof
Dr Berthold Lanki (5m) Prof Dr Andreas Knopp (60m)
- DSI S900 Multicopter 3-4 Kg Ld
- < 500g = Haftpflicht Versicherung, 0.5 - 5 Kg, 5Kg
- 25 Kg, > 25 Kg criminal
- 3 pole motor, no neutral.
- Prof Görl did the Smart phone workshop last year
that I also attended.
- (As last year), we conclude tangible dangers